We’re asked a lot – are sugarpaste and fondant the same thing?  The answer is YES!

In the UK, sugarpaste is the icing that you roll out which is used to cover cakes or make decorations for your cakes and cupcakes.  In America, Australia and some other countries it is referred to as fondant.  Rolled icing, sugarpaste,fondant are the same thing.

You can buy sugarpaste white or in a variety of different colours.  There are also a lot of different brands available to buy, everyone has their favourite but popular UK ones are Renshaw, Massa Ticino, Covapaste and Sugarpaste Direct.

Do you have a favourite sugarpaste brand?