With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, why not make some cute cupcake toppers for your partner? Follow these 5 simple steps to get impressive Valentine’s Day cupcakes!
What you will need:
- White, Light Pink, Dark Pink and Red Sugarpaste
- Circle Cutter
- Heart Cutter
- Rolling Pin
- Pallet Knife
1. Roll out the white sugarpaste and using the heart cutter, cut out a small heart
2. Next roll out the light pink, dark pink and red sugarpaste (about 3 – 5mm thick). Then use the pallet knife to cut out several strips of each colour. You can do them all the same width or some thinner than others but they need to be of similar thickness. Line them up closely alternating in colour.
3. Using the rolling pin roll over all of the colours (this will stick them together). Place the circle cutter over the rolled out stripes and cut a circle.
4. Place the heart on top and gently press down. Leave somewhere (non stick) to dry.
5. Pipe a swirl on top of your cupcake then place the striped cupcake plaque on top.