We have a wide range of cake decorating & baking classes in London to suit all levels, all held from our beautiful workshop space in West Hampstead NW6 and our private kitchen in Wandsworth SW18. Whether you fancy learning something new for fun, you’re new to cake decorating or baking and want to learn new skills or you’re a cake business owner and would like to take your skills to the next level we have something for you. Our friendly, relaxed and professional classes are held from our beautiful workshop space in West Hampstead, NW6 or our private kitchen in Wandsworth SW18. We want our students to leave feeling inspired and with a whole host of new skills. All the equipment, materials and cakes are included in all our classes, you just need to bring yourself.
If there’s something you’re looking for that you can’t see here, please get in touch as we run private classes and are constantly adding new group classes.
To see what our students say about our classes click here.
- This class has passed.
Celebration Cake Decorating £125
October 4 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm£125.00
Our cake decorating class has been updated and is a one day class where you will learn all there is know on how to cover and decorate a sponge cake with sugarpaste. The class is suitable for complete beginners or for those that want to brush up or perfect their cake covering skills. In this class you will learn:
- All about cakes and which ones are suitable for icing
- How to split, level, cut and fill and a cake ready to be iced
- How to apply a crumb coat to prepare your cake ready to be iced
- How to prepare and roll out your icing for covering
- How to cover your cake so that you get a professional, neat and flawless finish
- Working with levellers, spacers, smoothers and other equipment correctly
- How to colour your icing correctly and what colourings to use
- How to finish off your cake board and cake
- Floral Wreath – learn how to make pretty flowers and leaves and learn how to arrange on your cake
- Lettering – Learn how to use make letters for your cakes which will allow you to put any message on a cake
- Colour palettes – how to find the correct colour scheme for your cake and incorporating it into the design
- Be able to ask any question you may have about cakes and cake decorating
Further information: All equipment and materials are included in the class. You’ll need to bring a packed lunch but tea, coffee and water will be supplied throughout the day. We provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere in all our classes. Our small class sizes also ensure you get one to one attention so that you get the most out of the session. In each class you’ll learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques you’re shown and go home with new found skills which you will be able to use time and time again.
A recipe and information sheet will be provided for you to take home plus your cake creation! Please note our classes are adult classes, the minimum age for students in the classes is 16 years old unless stated otherwise
Please check your diary – refunds or transfers are not available once payment is made. For further information please view our terms and conditions.