COVID-19 UPDATE – Due to Government guidelines our March & April 2020 classes have been postponed. Please keep checking back for updates. Any questions please get in touch with us. Thanks, Nathalie
We have a wide range of cake decorating & baking classes in London to suit all levels, all held from our beautiful workshop space in West Hampstead NW6 and our private kitchen in Wandsworth SW18. Whether you fancy learning something new for fun, you’re new to cake decorating or baking and want to learn new skills or you’re a cake business owner and would like to take your skills to the next level we have something for you. Our friendly, relaxed and professional classes are held from our beautiful workshop space in West Hampstead, NW6 or our private kitchen in Wandsworth SW18. We want our students to leave feeling inspired and with a whole host of new skills. All the equipment, materials and cakes are included in all our classes, you just need to bring yourself.
If there’s something you’re looking for that you can’t see here, please get in touch as we run private classes and are constantly adding new group classes.
To see what our students say about our classes click here.
- This class has passed.
Wedding Cake Decorating Techniques £140
02/06/2017 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm£140.00
*NEW* A new class for those looking to take their cake decorating to the next level. Perfect if you’ve have attended our two tier class or are looking to learn on trend cake decorating techniques and how to achieve cake perfection. You’ll go home with a three tier cake (in the metallic finish of your choice) and learn a heap of new skills and techniques that you can use again and again in this hand’s on class. In the class you will:
- Learn how to level, layer and cover your cake with ganache and achieve sharp edges and cover with sugarpaste fondant to get a smooth and professional finish
- Learn how to create an on trend marble technique with sugarpaste and how cover your cake with it
- Make a rose, leaves and wired berries as well as paint them with edible paint
- Learn how to paint with edible paint (you can pick between silver, gold or a copper finish)
- Work with moulds and applying them onto cakes
- Paint with edible metallic paint and create a straight line border around your cake
- Learn how to paint initials on to your cake with edible paint and tips of painting on to your cake
- Get wedding cake tips and tricks
- Perfect your cake covering skills and learn how to achieve super sharp edges
- Be able to ask any wedding cake questions you may have
- Learn all about cake servings and portion guides and go home with our guides
This class is taught with one real cake and two dummy cakes so that you can concentrate on learning and perfecting the new decorating techniques. This is an intermediate / advanced class so cake covering experience is required otherwise you may fall behind. If you’re in doubt please get in touch with us to check your suitability.
Further information: All equipment and materials are included in the class. You’ll need to bring a packed lunch but tea, coffee and water will be supplied throughout the day. We provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere in all our classes. Our small class sizes also ensure you get one to one attention so that you get the most out of the session. In each class you’ll learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques you’re shown and go home with new found skills which you will be able to use time and time again.
A recipe and information sheet will be provided for you to take home plus your cake creation! Please note our classes are adult classes, further details of children attending can be viewed on our terms and conditions.
Please check your diary – refunds or transfers are not available once payment is made. For further information please view our terms and conditions.
5 people are attending Wedding Cake Decorating Techniques £140